Nothing Rhymes with Orange:
(Chronicle Books Aug. 1, 2017)
"It begs to be sung aloud. And will make you a better person. Completely beyond good and evil!" — Jon Scieszka, first National Ambassador for Young People's Literature.
A perfect laugh-out-loud, read-aloud tale from New York Times bestselling author Adam Rex: We all know nothing rhymes with orange, but how does that make Orange feel? Well, left out, obviously! When a fruit parade gets together to sing a song about how wonderful they are—and the song happens to rhyme—Orange can't help but feel like it's impossible to ever fit in. But when one particularly intuitive Apple notices how Orange is feeling, the entire English language begins to become a bit more inclusive.
• A charming book that teaches lessons about friendship and inspires conversations about inclusiveness and cherishing our differences
• The bright and big illustrations paired with funny rhymes are sure to bring a smile to readers of all ages
• Adam Rex is the author and illustrator of many beloved picture books and novels, including the New York Times bestseller Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich, and has worked with the likes of Jon Scieszka, Mac Barnett, and Jeff Kinney
A Huffington Post Best Book of the Year: Vibrant illustrations, enjoyable rhyming text, and a sweet, happy ending make Nothing Rhymes with Orange a book you'll keep coming back to time and time again.
• Great read-aloud book for families and classrooms
• Books for kids ages 5-6
• Books for kindergarten and up
- 1452154430 / 9781452154435
- 14.4 oz.
- 9.5 x 0.4