Maja Pitamic, Jill Laidlaw
Three-Dimensional Art Adventures: 36 Creative, Artist-Inspired Projects in Sculpture, Ceramics, Textiles, and More
(Chicago Review Press Sept. 1, 2016)
Three-dimensional art is bold, tactile, and fun—in other words, perfect for children who love to get their hands dirty.
Three-Dimensional Art Adventures introduces young artists, ages 6 and up, to groundbreaking masterpieces and fresh techniques, then lets them loose. Children will:
- Weave a tapestry using yarn and a shoebox loom
- Use found and recycled materials to assemble a still-life collage
- Tie-dye a T-shirt using several pattern-creation techniques
- Design and build a shadow box on a personal theme
- Use modeling clay and pipe cleaners to create a spider sculpture
- Create a colorful flower arrangement using wire, tissue paper, and other materials
- Fold and cut paper, cardboard, and magazine photos to build an elaborate street scene
- Carve a portrait into a clay slab and paint the raised surfaces to enhance the image
- and 28 other engaging, hands-on projects.
Authors and educators Maja Pitamic and Jill Laidlaw also explore the stories and meanings behind 18 well-known works of three-dimensional art as inspiration for these kid-tested, exciting, and creative projects. No prior knowledge of three-dimensional art is required—just enthusiasm for the subject and a willingness to discover.
- Art Adventures
- 1613736592 / 9781613736593
- 16.0 oz.
- 8.8 x 0.5