World Factbook: An A-Z Reference Guide to Every Country in the World
(Firefly Books Sept. 12, 2006)
, 2nd edition
This revised edition of Firefly World Factbook is arranged in alphabetical order by country and features the following:
- Concise, cross-referenced articles on geography, climate, vegetation, economy, history and politics
- Color annotated maps showing principal cities, roads, railroads, and border crossings
- Locator maps showing countries within their region
- National flags and stamps, with origins explained
- Climate graphs for major cities in each country
- Updated, at-a-glance charts showing area, population, capital city, government, ethnic groups, languages, religions and currency.
Special sidebars, "Did You Know," offer interesting and intriguing facts. For example, Icelanders do not have family names and are properly addressed by their first names; Panama hats are made in Ecuador, not Panama; and Germany was the first country to build freeways.
Firefly World Factbook is a ready resource of information for the home or office.
- Firefly Pocket series
- 1554072018 / 9781554072019
- 14.4 oz.
- 5.0 x 1.0