Discover the STEM subject of engineering with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that engineers designed and built the Pyramids and the iPad? Or that the world’s largest jumbo jet can carry 853 passengers? Find out how!
Perfect for budding engineers who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their engineering know-how, DK findout! Engineering is sure to inspire the next science fair project or school report. Inside, author Dr. Emily Hunt breaks down what engineering is and how it changes our world.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- See how concepts such as levers, wheels and axles, and pulleys work
- Read about great engineers in history, such as Leonardo da Vinci, Alexander Graham Bell, and Yoky Matsuoka
- Explore steam engines, rocket technology, robotics, flying machines, bridges, and buildings
- Learn about the history and exciting future of engineering
- Hear from real-life engineer and maker Dr. Lucy Rogers about what it’s like to be an engineer today
- Fold out the cover for an engineering quiz, timeline, and careers guide
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about engineering—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
Enjoy reading DKfindout! Engineering? You may also like these books